Monday 19 January 2009

The Truth...

I'm a big fan of the truth. It infuriates some of my friends. I insist on telling people the full truth, even if it will hurt them in the short term. Well.. this isn't absoluteley true... I do have some tact...

However, the fact remains that I prefer to know the truth in situations, and I also prefer for other people to accept the truth in their situations... I truly believe that the truth will set you free...

I have no problems with people believeing all kinds of crazy things, I'm fairly open minded in this respect. In fact one of my core beliefs is that weird things happen sometimes, that are either unexplainable, or not worth going to the effort of explaining. However, when someone believes in something that can be proven, with physical evidence, to be true... I have very little patience for this.

I also see the truth as being a challenge to us all... Like when people don't want to tell someone something bad about themselves. I see the truth in this case as being a challenge to the person to step up and take responsibility. Sure, someone may be hurt by the truth, but I see this as being preferable to them continuing to delude themselves. An example of this might be telling someone that they have bad breath... It may hurt someone to hear this in the short term, but in the long term... if they step up to the plate and do something about it (rather then just licking their wounds and feeling sorry for themselves) then they can become better people in the long run...

So come on, be truthful... what do you think of the blog? I can take it.... ;^)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You write for your own benefit and not for that of others no matter what you think. Blogging is a sign of self-absorbtion and is not your gift to the world.

the blogger said...

To tell the truth is a hard choice sometimes but it is something has to be done in several situations but I doubt it if we have to do it ALWAYS. However, I personally don't like lies very much. So I always try to speak the truth. Anyway, I think it's better to learn how to speak the truth in a kind, sweet and gentle way to make the listeners feel less painful in some situations.

By the way, I thought you posted your photo from a local newspapers here...oh how disappointing! LOL

Barry said...

Agree with namrin... lies are bad, but the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth - all the time? can also be bad I feel...

personally I opt for being truthful but economical with it. chosing my wording carefully so I am never actually lieing... better to tell part of the story sometimes than to tell the whole story (e.g. "you breath could do with some mints" versus "your breath made me reel, puke and then faint".)